Monday, August 28, 2006

a post with two tangentially related parts

I love tea and tea loves me.

Today I bought one of these from Rainbow Grocery. It's a marvelous creation and renders me all the more ecstatic as I sip my Maiden's Ecstasy Pu-Erh from Samovar.

yum.

Speaking of ecstasy, I went to Planned Parenthood today for my cervical colposcopy (aka peering at the pussy, ogling the ooh-yea, gazing at the gash, probing the poonany, staring into the slit, scoping the snatch, tending to the twat, contemplating the cooch...) and I saw their new (?) ad for Emergency Contraception. I can't find a picture online, but the ad uses an approximation of a generic, early 90s rave aesthetic including a woman with blurry eyes balancing an EC pill on her extended tongue. Now, if it's effective in alerting women to the availability of EC, then I'm all for it (notwithstanding the fact that the Planned Parenthood Golden Gate bathroom is the first location I've seen it); but it does seem like *precisely* the sort of ad that would make the Christian right just cream themselves in a feverish, jizz-tastic fit of anti-choice/anti-drug mania. It visually positions EC as something comprarable to a cool party drug; which simultaneously makes it seem potentially illicit *and* like something one might casually suck down at 3 am on a Saturday. Curious.

The good news is the FDA finally approved over-the-counter distribution of EC last week, except, unsurprisingly, to girls under the age of 17.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home