Saturday, August 12, 2006

this is such a bloggy thing to do

Here's a little ramble on music and movies.

1) I am obsessed with Arvo Part's Spiegel im Spiegel. And I wish I had a recording of the Rachel's performance of it at Round Lake Auditorium in upstate NY this summer.

2) Here's a movie I'd really like to see:

Playtime
Directed by Jacques Tati Cast: Jacques Tati, Barbara Dennek 1967, 126 min RESTORED 70MM PRINT!
Tati’s fourth feature and boldest experiment, the visionary Playtime (1967) was nearly three years in production. Its big budget included the cost of building vast glass and steel sets that represented the director’s jaundiced view of modern Paris…With Playtime’s monumental decor and complex choreographed gags taking place simultaneously in a constantly mutating space, Tati explored the possibilities of 70mm as they had never been utilized before.—Village Voice

It's playing at the Castro Theatre on Tuesday, August 22; but I will be in rehearsal.

3) When I've had enough of Spiegel im Spiegel for a little while, I switch over to Pulp. (betcha like that one, eh Yiannis?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home