Thursday, September 04, 2008

something else

We often practice as a group without doing I'LL CRANE FOR YOU - just practicing with the questions, practicing performing...just effin' dancing.

And those times are SO joyous and explosive and amazing and FUN.

And I said to myself and to Deborah today: "Why doesn't my solo feel like this? Just even a few moments of the incredible possibility and freedom of the group practice with music in my solo would make it so much more fun?"

Do you know what she said?

"It's No Big Deal. Remember that. In your practice in particular I think this will prove very helpful to you."


In a matter of just a few days I went from practicing and learning and noticing the feedback all around me to practicing and learning and noticing and judging, which I think is premature. Maybe inevitable. And maybe where you ultimately want to go when the adaptation comes into play.

But Deborah pointed out to me that she's been doing this work for 38 years. I've been doing it for 8 days.

smiles,
D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home