Monday, April 30, 2007

update

I returned from San Francisco after several readings of Sheila Callaghan's FANTASTIC new play, That Pretty Pretty; Or The Rape Play. She's still working on the play, but it's already phenomenal in structure, style, and substance. I am privileged to have gotten a taste of it and I hope to be a part of a future NY production.

I also had a chance to see four shows in the FURY Factory, which were beautiful and full of cool shit (by which I mean they all made excellent use of things that are uniquely theatrical, things would look probably look ridiculous on camera).

The first show I saw was foolsFURY's Turn of the Screw with Laley, Csilla, Brian, and former fF member Alexander Lewis. Rod Hipskind (director of foolsFURY's What You Will or Twelfth Night, in which I played Feste) directed and his distinctive visual sensibility shined.

I have many more glowing things to say about my visit to San Francisco, but I don't have much time for blogging right now.

Here's why:

Saturday, May 5: I am shooting "And", a collaboration with video artist Pierre St-Jacques

Here's a little bit about him from his website :

St-Jacques studied Fine Arts at the Rhode Island School of Design where his initial ideas about perception and the structure of narrative were planted. He has shown his work at Artist's Space in New York, at Gallerie Joella in Finland, and more recently at the DiVA and Pool art fairs in New York and Miami, the Bronx Museum of Art in New York and, Real Artways in Connecticut . He is currently in pre-production stages on two projects entitled "Passages" and "and" which will be shot in 2007.

Wednesday, May 16-Saturday, May 19: I am performing as "The Dime" in Keep the Change. It's part of a site-specific performance written, directed, and produced by members of the Women's Project Lab. The performances are inside the World Financial Center at 1 pm, 5 pm, and 7 pm on weekdays and 1, 2:30, 4, and 5:30 on Saturday.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fund$

Monday, May 21: A Night of Ken Urban to benefit Theatre 1050. I'm playing Betsy in several scenes from the fantastic play I Heart Kant. Performances are at 8 and 10 pm at the Gene Frankel Theatre (24 Bond St, NY, NY 10012). I'm not sure of ticket price. Check the Theatre 1050 website in a couple of weeks for more info.

Thursday, May 24 and Sunday, May 27: 365 Days/365 Plays with SITI Company. I'm thrilled to collaborate with SITI Co members on this assortment of odd and interesting plays by Suzan-Lori Parks. The Thursday performance is at the Skirball Center (566 LaGuardia Place, Washington Square South) at 8 pm. The Sunday performance is at the Public Theater (425 Lafayette St.) at 3 pm. On Sunday we will share the bill with INTAR and the Atlantic Theater Company. The tickets are free.

Now the appropriate thing to do would be for me to send a flurry of postcards with this information to agents, casting directors, directors, friends, and everyone I've ever met. Well, I sent one to my hair stylist this morning. At least one important person knows where and when to see me perform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home