Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm back!

and I have a backlog of unanswered e-mails so, those concerned, please accept my blanket apology.

I've had a wonderful welcome home. We took the train back to NYC en masse on Saturday - by the time we boarded the train I had transitioned from inebriated to hung over. I finally ate something at around 8:30 on Saturday and that something was a scrumptious meal from Angelica Kitchen - a tofu ricotta/mixed vegetable pie with spelt crust and beautiful, cleansing, dark greens (and dandelion greens) as well as several glasses of chilled cider and lemonade. Then I meandered over to a bar in the LES, the Magician, to meet the remainder of the SITI program crew still gathered in NY.

Sunday I had a manicure and pedicure (my feet have been reborn), saw the second to last performance of Red Light Winter by Adam Rapp, and then met Frank and Enrico for dinner at Zen Palate. The last time I saw a show at the Barrow Street Theatre was on Halloween, so I've concluded that my personal theatergoing habits are important enough to celebrate with a parade through the West Village full of screaming, drunken, glitter-soaked queers. After dinner the three of us wandered over to a party at the Waverly where I finally met two artists and community organizers Jesse's been telling me I need to meet for years. Frank went home and Jack, Peter, Enrico and I strolled over to the Christopher Street Pier. We danced in the rain, I reunited with friends I haven't seen in years, and then Enrico and I set off on our long northeasterly journey by stinky, crowded subway and swollen feet.

Since leaving Skidmore my diet has been, impossibly, more fucked than it was while I was there. I've grown so accustomed to these huge, carbohydrate-filled meals being heaped upon me at regular intervals that I'm almost forgetting to eat. I made an egg, tomato, and pepper scramble with dill, oregano, basil, and ground pepper last night. That's a start...but I think I need to go on a serious greens and lemon binge to purge my system of the Skidmore cafeteria crap.

Right. So. Time for breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home