Saturday, August 18, 2007

how it is...

You know how it is when you lose blogging momentum in the midst of experiences too extraordinary to waste a moment recapitulating them on a computer while they're still occurring...

I have spent the last week at Odin Teatret in the lovely, astonishingly quiet town of Holstebro in western Denmark.

Today we went to the sea. Tomorrow I return to Copenhagen via Vejle (pronounced Vy-leh, more or less) in the car belonging to my new friend Andrea. Andrea is from Nuremberg but lives in Berlin and, along with Sara from Malmø (actually, maybe its just Malmo or Mawithtwodotsoveritlmo, but I'm not sure) and Maria originally from Copenhagen and presently from Coventry, formed a fantastic crew of which I am thrilled to be a part. We have begun discussion of some possible future collaboration and had an altogether stupendous time getting to know each other.

The week has been an experience of continuous emotional and intellectual dilation and absorption...It is unfortunate that there wasn't much time within the structure of the week to permit comparable physical engagement (I managed to run and practice some yoga just about every day and we danced Orixa twice during the week), but all in all I am moved, grateful, elated.

Amazed, really.

I will endeavor to write more at a later stage, but now I will return to the lower level of the theater complex for singing and dancing on our final night.

And, if you should happen to read this, Brian: thank you for lending me the Paper Canoe. It was extra special to read it knowing that I had *your* copy of the book. I can't wait to discuss our summer art ecstasy/growth spurts.

Oh, and speaking of spurts, I learned a lovely Danish expression:

SLUTSPURT!

It has something to do with final sales at retail outlets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Enrique said...

I have been searching for an appropriate tattoo. Thank you for providing the winner!

3:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home