Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rachel


My friend, Rachel, whom most of you have probably met, is currently in China doing research for her dissertation.

She sent me this photo, which she discovered is online, along with an interview (in which she managed a clever tie-in to the American tradition of apple-picking). Apparently, it's not unheard of to urge foreign scholars into the field (as it were), tell them to pick tea leaves (without actually instructing them on the practice), thrust various reporters and photographers in front of them, and have a big media party.

I am insanely jealous. I love tea. I love this photo. And I really love the person in it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel looks terrific..I love this story..I love both of you as well. MUM

6:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home